Big Sur Ventures is looking for a CTO to join a well funded start-up that will launch in the USA, with internationally acknowledged founders with exceptional experience in the target market.
The team will be based in New York and Barcelona/Madrid (tech team and CTO) and is formed by partners that have previously been founders and investors of very well known international start-ups, which they have supported and scaled to exit or IPO (NASDAQ), co-investing with the best world tech VC firms: Andreessen Horowitz, Sequoia Capital, SV Angels, Atomico, Peter Thiel-Founders Fund, First Round, Index Ventures, Accel Partners, Balderton Capital, Greylock Partners, and Ashton Kutcher among others.
– You want to play a key role in an international startup, understand the required effort, resilience and tenacity to generate and support the technological, human and business growth.
– You have great capacity for learning quickly, are adaptable and react fast.
– You want to embrace the challenge of developing the team and technology to develop, deliver and scale a product to service millions of customers. You have great problem solving skills, imagination, agility and responsibility.
– You are able to create, grow and keep efficient and united a SW engineering team, 100% responsible for development, product, quality and devops. You are able to represent, lead and integrate such team in the company.
– Hiring, growing and managing a team of top developers with headquarters in Spain. Creating the engineering team and company culture.
– Definition of tech stack and tools, strategic leadership of product development. Management of scaling, vision and planning of the required infrastructure to handle growth.
– Participate in the company’s global strategy, link with business development, operations, support, financials, etc.
– 4 years as lead developer, product and team manager, CTO or equivalent position. Experience in start- ups is a plus. The position is a leadership role for a talented SW engineer with experience and proven track record.
– 5 years as SW engineer, both in mobile and backend (at least 2 years in each one), including AWS and similar cloud services.
– Excellent spoken and written communication skills, both in English and Spanish.
– Extra points: front-end development (HTML, CSS, js), deep learning and Neural Networks.
Salary will range in [50K-80K]€/year, depending on the candidate. In any case, it is very important to highlight that if the salary is your main driving force, this position is not for you. Salary will include an extraordinary stock options plan.
Send us a presentation letter and your CV-Bio to firstname.lastname@example.org. If your profile matches, we will contact back in less than 72h to start the hiring process.